Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Email #3 - The trap is set . . . . mmmm . .. I smell cheese

From: David Franck

Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 12:26:45
To:
Subject: The Truck for Sale - $2500 (North)


Thanks for responding to my email. I am interested in it and ready to purchase it. The easiest way for me to make the payment to you is Bank Check from my Bank. I have no problem with you waiting for the Check to go through at your bank to clear, I will wait for your bank to verify and clear the Check before we proceed with shipment. Attach a pics of it for me to see how beautifull it is and email me your full name and address with your phone number for me to send you the check. Thanks.

Please Email me back and let me know if this helps

Best Regards


David Franck
710 South 560 East
Orem, UT 84097

Surely this guy is legit . . . he even included his email addres . . right? Yeah, right! And, he wants to see how beautiful the truck is. Apparently the pictures that I posted do not do it justice?

I've got to play with this guy . . . I HAVE to! Karma is telling me to.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm actually excited that someone's trying to scam you again!

I posted my entertainment center on Craigslist again, and I actually didn't get an email from a scam artist! I've got a guy who, get this, emailed me an offer and his phone number, called me back after I called him, is paying cash, and is coming by tonight to pick it up! Whoa, a normal transaction.

Arlene said...

That's ALMOST as fun as playing with a scammer.

Anonymous said...

so what exactly is the point of this scam? this is the same guy that "wanted to purchase" my couch and i was weary from the beginning so i opened a PO Box for him to mail the check so that he didnt have any of my actual information. Im still waiting to see if i receive the check. But really, what is the point???

Anonymous said...

This is the exact same guy that contacted me! I haven't replied back to him yet, I thought something sounded off. I posted a comment on one of the other posts about this guy I think it was #10. I read further into the e-mails back and fourth that you had posted and he said the exact same things to me, in your post one and two.

Arlene said...

The point is, he sends you a fake check. You cash it and it initially goes thru. You wire him the excess money. But, when the check DOESN'T clear at the originating bank, they contact YOUR bank and you are out the money for his original check AND the money you wired him.

Anonymous said...

Why couldn't you cash his check at a local grocery store instead of your bank......wouldn't HE be out the money then?