Saturday, April 26, 2008

In the beginning . . .

I should start at the beginning. It's always a good place to start.

So, let's back up a month or so . . .

The hot water faucet in our bathroom sink started leaking and we couldn't seem to fix it. So, I decided it needed replaced.

Well, one day when LB was at Menard's, he called and asked if I needed anything. I reminded him that I needed a new faucet for the bathroom sink.

Well, Menard's had bathroom vanities (with the counter top) on sale. So, he sent me some pictures and I picked one out.

He also noticed that they had shower enclosures on closeout.

So, he picked one out.

Well, I bought flooring last year to put in the bathroom. We decided that we would put the new flooring in when we put the new vanity and faucet in.

Since we were buying a new shower enclosure, I wanted to replace our old tub as well.

That required replacing the old "trailer" wall covering in the bathroom. New drywall would be needed and paint, of course.

We were discussing how nice the bathroom would look when we decided to knock out a wall in the hallway and enlarge our living room.

You guessed it, new drywall, paint, carpet and new windows.

So, what started out as a $40 faucet repair was turning into remodeling half of the house.

Since taking out the hallway meant removing two closets in a bedroom and taking a little space out of the bedroom, we decided to turn it into a home office.

That meant we wouldn't need our queen sized spare bed anymore. . . and so the games began.

No comments: